Sunday, February 3, 2013

FIRST LOVE BLOG HOP: Vampire Author Alexandra Anthony


Alexandra Anthony, Author
The Vampire Destiny Series 

If you dare, please welcome vampire aficionado Alexandra Anthony, who likes “all things vampire.”  Describing her series of books, one reviewer says, “the journey is made with enduring love and lust, excitement and commitment, and plenty of action, and all of these things are done with a thought to using the English language in a creative and flowing way.”

Alexandra Anthony lives in the Midwest with her husband and daughter. When she is not writing about vampires, she is home-schooling her daughter and re-reading Daphne de Maurier’s Rebecca, her all-time favorite book.

Don’t miss the excerpt following the book descriptions.

Click the link at the end of this article to check out the First Love Blog Hop and learn about other participating authors and how to win a Kindle and many more prizes.


Q: Why do you like “all things vampire”? Does your love of vampires have anything to do with your search for a “paranormal, happily ever after?”

Alexandra Anthony:  I’ve always loved vampires…it started when I read “Interview with the Vampire” by Anne Rice.  To me, vampires are mysterious and seductive creatures.   I love a happy every after story, and the thought of meeting your soul mate in a vampire would be perfect.  You could be together for an eternity.

Q: What would you say to someone who does not appreciate vampires?

Alexandra Anthony:  Vampires aren’t for everyone.  There are vampire stories that I don’t like, so I think it depends on the story and how it’s written.  I’m fine with people that don’t find immortal life interesting!

Q: One of your reviewers says “If you are looking for a "sweet" vampire romance, this is not for you. The sex scenes are absolutely SMOKING hot.” Hmm – so are your books romances or vampire stories?

Alexandra Anthony:  I like to consider my books erotic, paranormal romance stories.  Vampires have the allure of being sexual creatures, so I carried it over in my books.  In The Vampire Destiny Series, Stefan and Josephine are “fated” to be together.  They are made for each other and they are desperately in love (and lust) with each other

Q: So, since vampires really don’t exist – it’s true, you know – how do you make your characters believable?

Alexandra Anthony:  As much as I’d love to have my own Stefan, it isn’t meant to be.  I try to add an element of reality in with the books…they have careers, lives, goals, they love.  I think all of these factors add reality to the imaginary.

Q: How do you tell the difference between heroes and villains in your stories? 

Alexandra Anthony:  In The Vampire Destiny Series, Stefan is my hero.  While he can be a cold-blooded killer, he chooses to live as humanly as possible.  The villain in my series always seems to have an agenda…and their evil ways go deeper that what we see on the surface and in each book a new layer is revealed.

Q: Why are you a writer?  When did you first know that you wanted to be a writer?

Alexandra Anthony:  I’ve always written.  It took a serious health issue two years ago to make me take the plunge into putting my work out there.  And here I am, writing a new series and getting ready to start writing the fourth book in The Vampire Destiny Series.  I didn’t want to put off doing what I wanted to do anymore.  Life is too short for regrets.

Q: Do you write purely for entertainment? Or do you incorporate messages to your readers?

Alexandra Anthony:  A little of both.  I try to write my heroines as strong women that are equals to their heroes.  I don’t like to write a damsel in distress.  I like my heroine to be able to hold her own.  Many books are written where the heroine is dependent on the hero to function.  I don’t want my women to be written that way.  We don’t need a man to complete us…even though they have a lot of fun along the way.

Q:  Tell us something about yourself, e.g., do you like to sail? Eat? Go to plays? What’s your favorite holiday, book, author, character, play, movie, celebrity?  What do you do when you’re not writing? Do you have a muse? Is he a vampire?

Alexandra Anthony:  I’m a stay at home mom that also home schools my daughter, so when I’m not writing, I’m also a teacher!

One of my favorite books is “Rebecca” by Daphne du Maurier.  I’ve loved that book for nearly 22 years…and it’s one I’ll still pull off the shelf and read occasionally.

Yes, I do have a muse.  He is my main vampire in The Vampire Destiny Series…Stefan.  He’s modeled after my celebrity crush, Alexander Skarsgard.

About Alexandra Anthony

Alexandra Anthony lives in the Midwest with her husband and daughter. She is currently writing The Vampire Destiny Series in which Josephine Anderson, a Psychic Empath, meets the undead man of her dreams. She is also working on her newest series, The Dark Hart Chronicles. In this series, we meet Savannah Wood and up and coming rock star Nick Hart.


Chasing the secrets of her past...

Josephine Anderson is a 28 year old psychic empath.  Isolated and alone, she'd given up on finding love because of her "gift".  She's haunted by her vivid dreams about a mysterious man that is her destiny...

Her world is turned upside down...

When she meets Stefan Lifsten, she's surprised to discover that he's the man from her dreams. He's tall, blond and drop-dead gorgeous, but he has his own secrets to hide.  He's a millennia old vampire that's been on a quest to find her after his own vision 200 years ago...

Their fates finally collide...

Will their fated love and desire be enough to keep them together as she becomes entrenched in the world of vampires and her past unravels?

*This is a romantic, erotic book.  It contains sexy vampires, graphic language, adult content and situations that aren't for the faint of heart.  Consider yourself warned.*


Her story continues... Psychic empath Josephine Anderson is surprised to discover that she's a little more than human. She's a vampire hybrid with a powerful vampire father... Her life will never be the same... She prepares to live as an immortal with her vampire mate,Stefan Lifsten. As she makes plans to abandon her old life to be at her lover's side, she begins to slowly transform,developing new abilities and desires... Long buried secrets are revealed... When she discovers the truth about her heritage, she's drawn into a web of passion, deception, and power struggles that leave many lives hanging in the balance. 

*This is a hot, romantic book. It contains sexy vampires, graphic language, adult content and situations that aren't for the faint of heart. Consider yourself warned.*




After a harrowing attempt on her life…

Vampire hybrid Josephine Anderson and her gorgeous vampire mate, Stefan Lifsten return home to New York City. Unknown to her, they will be forced to face the Council regarding her brush with death and Stefan’s hand in the killing of the vampire that attacked her…

There’s more than meets the eye...

Her continued changes reveal that there is much more to her relationship than she originally thought… going much deeper than simply fate and destiny. Their passion and desire for one another increases, threatening to consume them both…

Time is slowly ticking away…

As their Council date approaches, long-buried evidence is uncovered that further complicates Josephine’s tenuous relationship with her vampire father… and will change vampire hierarchy forever…

*This is an erotic, romantic book. It contains sexy vampires, graphic language, adult content and situations that aren't for the faint of heart. Consider yourself warned.*

Excerpt

My eyes rose to meet his eager blue eyes.   I hadn't heard his approach and I was too busy chastising myself to pay attention.  He was on his knees at my feet.  I attempted to embrace him, yet his hands ceased my movement as they encased my wrists.  He held them at arms length, his eyes searching mine.
"Lukas said you wanted to start over?"  His statement was a question.  "So I will start over for you.  Consider my question differently.  Wear my ring and be with me because you love me, because you cannot live without me.  Be with me because I make you happy, because I drive you crazy.  Be with me because you cannot imagine a day without me.  Josephine, be with me because I only existed until I found you after centuries of searching.  Only you.  För evigt."
Stefan pulled a ring out of his pocket.  His mouth parted, his tongue nervously swiping across his lower lip.  He took my left hand in his much larger one, stroking the skin tenderly.
"If this were during my human life, our union would have been arranged between our fathers to strengthen the village.  It is not those times, yet I still want to ask you properly.  So I ask you again.  Ska det finnas en ände för oss båda, en obligation efter våra löften, inte heller skall vårt första kärlek planlöst förgås.  Jag ber om din hand är min kompis, min älskare för evigheten.  Vara med mig."
Choking back tears, I could only whimper.  I knew in that instant that this was right and I'd been crazy to reject him because of my silly ideas about his obligation.  "Translation, please?"
He smiled, his chiseled face had that unarmed, child-like expression again.  I imagined this is what he'd look like if he were still human, kneeling before me. "Josephine, there shall be one end for us both; one bond after our vows; nor shall our first love aimlessly perish.  I ask for your hand to be my mate, my lover for eternity.  Be with me."
He offered the ring to me.  A beautiful emerald cut diamond ring sat nestled in his large palm.  It was set in platinum, the delicate band surrounded with rubies.
Hesitantly, I reached out to touch the ring.  "Stefan...it's too much."
"Is that another no?" Stefan hadn't moved from his knees.
"Yes, I mean no.  Yes, I'll be with you," I mumbled.  I watched as he slid the beautiful ring on my finger.  It twinkled, the red rubies gleaming almost as brightly as Stefan's blue eyes as they watched me.
Without warning, I was surrounded in an instant.  His solid arms and a warm wall of muscle pulled me into a rough embrace.  His enormous frame swallowed me up, making me feel safe, desired and most importantly, loved.

Links


Twitter:  @AlexAnthony80 




E-mail: alexandraanthony80@gmail.com


 Amazon Links 


Barnes & Noble Links 


Click Here to go to First Love Blog Hop and Giveaway
29 Authors - 47 Books - everything from Romance to Horror

Visit their blogs, Facebook pages, make comments and/or buy books to earn entries into the Grand Prize Giveaway!

Lots of prizes to be won - on the main blog as well as the participant's!

Come by every day and see the Daily Spotlight for your chance at an easy entry!








No comments:

Post a Comment